You ever end up getting gifts that you have to re-gift and think to yourself, “Why didn’t I give a list?” Welp, this is what I’m into now. I’m in a gift exchange at work, because if you’re new, you should participate in order to “make nice” and to get to know your new co-workers. While the items below are not on my gift list sent to my “Secret Santa”, well maybe one is, they are the things that I’m loving and that align with things that can give you a whole “Relax, Relate, Release” vibe. Hopefully these items can refresh us at the end of this year, after all the holiday hoopla and NYE partying, or the beginning of the new year when you fix your eyes on returning to work after the holiday break.
If you’re not familiar with the phrase, “Relax, Relate, Release” it comes from “The 12 steps of Christmas” episode of A Different World where the characters Whitley ( who is dealing with her and Dewayne possibly being apart for the holidays) and Jalesa (who is dealing with her first holiday as a newlywed) seek the counsel of therapist Dr. Langhorn played by Debbie Allen. After they tell her all of their problems, she simply tells them, “Honey, you have to learn to relax, relate..RELEASE” in order to keep that Christmas cheer flowing.
I’m hoping that the list will give you some ideas on items to request for yourself or give you a starting point for someone who said, “Oh, it doesn’t matter, whatever you get me is fine.” I think the items would be great collectively in a custom gift basket for the girl who wants to just chill.
The list below does include some affiliate links so I can earn a little coin to support this blogger life. The name of each item is linked to Amazon or directly to the vendor. Just click and buy away
- Fuzzy Socks: I teach high school and I asked some of my students what they would like to make them feel cozy at home and they immediately said, “Fuzzy Socks Miss B. They’re so comfortable with sweats, a hoodie and a blanket.” Then as I came home I discovered that I owned a pair but didn’t know they were called fuzzy socks. To me they’re just that great sorority chapter Christmas gift I got like 5 years ago and I still wear them. Matter of fact I have them on today in this bipolar Houston weather–with my sweatpants- “Relaxing.” This would make a great stocking stuffer or secret santa gift exchange as well.
- Becoming by Former FLOTUS Michelle Obama: I have been trying to find a copy of this NY Times bestseller and I can’t wait to get one for Christmas (hint, hint). It’ll be the “Relate” I need in my life because I hear she gets very transparent–and who couldn’t use that! I think there is something each of us can relate to. I also think you should pick up a copy and read it prior to her book tour coming to Houston in March, 2019
- Chocolates from Cacao & Cardamom Local Chocolatier Annie Rupani is making chocolate with a ‘tude! These would make a nice hostess gift because they come as small as a five pack that you can customize. The picture is one of my favorites Dulche De Leche described on the website as, “A luscious milk caramel popular in South America with a touch of warming cinnamon encased in a dark chocolate shell.” I also love the Szechuan Peppercorn, Cardamom Rose, and Lavender. This is relaxation mode on 10 for me.
- Red Wine Glass Now this gift is for the relaxation and release I’m gonna get from a good Malbec as I read Becoming and eat my chocolates. Remember when this glass was all the craze and coined as the “Olivia Pope” glass? Well I had one (emphasis on had.) I was cleaning it and turned around quickly and accidentally hit in on the edge of the counter and it shattered. I sure could use another now and I know you’ll love it too. The link is to an alternate one that I found on Amazon. Click and give it a try
- Lush Cosmetics Bath Bombs: Here is my relax.. right into my bath tub. I absolutely love Lush Cosmetics body and facial products so I had to include it. What I love is that they are made from scratch and for your vegans, its products are 100% vegan. I ask for the gift card unless someone knows what bath bomb I like and one that I’m loving is the one pictured– Sex Bomb- it’s described on the website as, “Scintillating jasmine, clary sage and ylang ylang are powerful aphrodisiacs, and soy milk softens up your entire body.”It does all of that. I break mine apart and use them more than once cause they’re really big. I can drop this in my bathtub, soak and watch Netflix on my Ipad and forget real life. Also another thing really dope about Lush is the Charity Pot handcream. Not only is this the best purse handcream ever, a portion of the proceeds go towards worthwhile nonprofits and organizations around the world.
- Chantal Ceramic Pan : Doesn’t sound like it would be a good gift does it? However, if your stress relief comes from cooking, like mine, you need this pan in your life. I went to the Chantal warehouse sale, that happens the first two weekends in November every year, I picked up this 8 in. pan because I like to cook for one. This pan conducts heat evenly and makes me wish I’d purchased the set. I just cooked my chorizo this morning in this pan for my morning breakfast taco. If you can I suggest you get the set, however, I did find the 8 inc pan on Amazon for a great deal. Click the name and check it out.
Well that’s all folks and I hope that you or someone you love enjoys these gifts and can get their decompression from the holiday hustle and bustle on!
What is on your list this year?